Who We’re Looking For
The ideal candidate is a hybrid web designer/developer. While we recognize a broad spectrum of skills ranging between those two poles, we’re looking for a candidate closer to the “development” end of the continuum (a little heavier on the nerd and lighter on the hipster … but feel free to be both). We’re not currently interviewing designers with limited web experience looking to move into that space. Rather, we’re looking for a designer/developer with at least 1–2 years experience coding websites using current best practices (see requirements below). We assume (and expect) you are passionate about the web and follow its ongoing development. We also expect and encourage you to have driving passions outside your career with us.
This is a full-time, in-house position. As a junior level front-end web designer/developer you will report to our senior graphic designer, and work with our junior designers and account manager on a variety of web development projects for a broad range of clients. Because our creative studio deals with a variety of projects, our web developers need to be multifaceted and adaptable.
- Proficiency in front-end web languages/mark-up (HTML5, CSS3)
- Ability to code responsive website solutions using CSS frameworks (e.g. Twitter Bootstrap, Foundation, Canvas)
- Working knowledge of pre-processing tools (SASS/LESS)
- Experience turning visual mockups into semantic and standard compliant HTML/CSS
- Proficiency in cross browser compatibility (FF 3.4+, IE8+, WebKit browsers)
- Web Design prototyping skills (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign)
- General understanding of web page optimization techniques
- Basic knowledge of PHP
- Experience with using WordPress as a CMS
- Experience with version tracking (preferably GIT)
- Experience with on & off-page SEO
- Able to play offense and/or defense as needed in the event of a 2-on-2 pick-up game of Foosball